Logitech MX Air- Any good?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by JoshJosh117, Jan 13, 2009.

1. JoshJosh117, Jan 13, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  2. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

I guess the question really comes down to whether you have a need for the Air version of an MX mouse. Do you do presentations from across the room without a desk? That is the selling point of the Air version since it uses a motion sensor to use it as a presentation mouse, so I have to wonder as not many folks would need that capability, particularly for the price it demands.

A popular desktop mouse is the Logitech MX Revolution, and there are a lot of threads here about that where you can read about the advantages, disadvantages, battery life, etc. so won't rehash it all. If you prefer a smaller mouse in the hand, the VX Revolution is also popular and often comes up in the the MX threads too.

3. akbc macrumors 6502

I used to use it til I got my bluetooth mouse for my MacBook Pro.
    It's a decent mouse, I got it at a sale price of CA$99.99, and last time I checked, it was CA$192.99 so.. I guess for me, it was worth the deal.

There is a native driver software letting you map the buttons and stuff available off of Logitech website. And the "freespace" thing becomes pretty cool once you get used to it.

I gamed on CoD4 with it with no issues at all as well, so yes I do recommend it. but is it worth the price? I don't think so; unless you get it at half price like I did.

4. JoshJosh117, Jan 13, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2016

JoshJosh117 thread starter macrumors 6502

5. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

That would be my guess- I like mine so much that I went out and bought a second one for a backup so I would not have to be without should mine fail and I had to send it in for repair! ;)

6. mikethemovie macrumors member

MX Revolution is one of the best mouses ever made..

7. 01jamcon macrumors 6502a

01jamcon

If battery life seems to be a problem, go for the cheaper logitech mx 620, it has the same hyper scrolling wheel like the revolution, but without the (annoying imo) thumb wheel, and it takes 2 aa batteries which are rated to last for up to a year on the one set. Also, it means no cradle to clutter your desk. And its cheaper than the revolution. Sold yet? :D

8. mikethemovie macrumors member

I have no problems with the battery life what so ever..