Logitech MX issue (Probably LCC issue)

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by milk242, Jan 29, 2008.

1. milk242 macrumors 6502a

I was wondering if anyone has this problem.

When my MBP goes to sleep with the MX revolution dongle plugged in and I wake it with the keyboard or trackpad, the mouse will not respond. I can take out the dongle and logitech LCC will think the mouse is still connected. I can put the dongle into another usb port and LCC will now think I have two logitech mx revolutions.

If anyone has this problem and has a solution to it that would be great.

2. jhkingsr macrumors regular

No problem here waking up the iMac with the MX or the keyboard. The dongle is plugged into the left side usb on the keyboard. Oh yeah, I'm running LCC v2.4. What version are you running?

3. nuclearwinter macrumors regular

nuclearwinter

Had the same problem

Its the logitech driver. My MBP used to freeze up and kernel panic when I shutdown/woke from sleep with the mouse plugged in. To fix this, I decided to pay out a little more $$$ for Steer Mouse. Uninstall LCC, install Steer Mouse, no more problems. Steer Mouse allows for relatively advanced customization options too as well as speed and acceleration controls for the cursor. Highly recommended.

4. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

The LCC uses Application Enhancer which is a problem-causing hack that needs to die.

Don't use LCC until the developers stop being lazy and make a proper driver and program instead of depending on a hack.

5. jhkingsr macrumors regular

The latest version of LCC does NOT use APE. Most everyone that bashes LCC hasn't used the latest version.

6. Makosuke macrumors 603

I'm using the MX on a 1st-gen MBP, and I'm not having that problem. Doesn't matter which side the dongle is plugged into, it works immediately after wake.

Although if I don't turn the mouse itself off when I put the Mac to sleep it tends to wake it up.

I am running the latest version of the Logitech drivers, which are DRASTICALLY better than the older ones. I was very near boycotting Logitech's products entirely because their driver was such a piece of garbage, but the most recent (post-APE) update actually works reasonably well.

I'm honestly shocked I'm saying that, but it's true. Heck, even the dual-mode scrolling and horizontal scroll are working properly, and it handles unplugging and replugging the dongle without screwing up the tracking speed like it used to EVERY TIME YOU LOGGED IN. Man that was an annoying bug.

7. milk242 thread starter macrumors 6502a

That is really strange, I'm using the latest LCC version 2.4 and I tried it on either usb ports and it still does it. The only way to keep the MX in control is to wake the computer with the MX, can't wake it with the keyboard/trackpad or the MX won't respond but still show as connected. Oh well, I guess I'll go with steermouse.

8. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

o rly?

I'm gonna go give it a try now! Thanks for the heads up.

EDITED: Came back to report that: nope, it still blows chunks.

9. milk242 thread starter macrumors 6502a

10. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I've used LCC for ages and I'm glad to see that Logitech has improved their OS X support. The only problem I have is that it kills Growl notifications. :(

11. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

Get rid of the InputManager that LCC 2.4 installs, it doesn't seem to actually do anything. Then Growl works.

12. officerdick macrumors regular

I got the newst driver to, and the other day my mouse just stoped responding, i tried to reconnect it with no luck. Reboot worked though.