Logitech MX Perfomance Mouse Lag?!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by bentom13, Dec 28, 2014.

1. bentom13 macrumors member

Hi there!

I have just received my new Retina 5K iMac (i7,16GB RAM M295X, 512GB SSD)- its great!!

However i am experiencing lag with my Logitech MX Perfomance Mouse.

I have two external 1080P monitors connected via mini display - HDMI adaptors, and the mouse cursor seems to lag. It seems to just be the mouse as the Magic Trackpad does not do this at all.

I believe it is something to do with the two external monitors as it was fine without them connected, i also experienced this when i connected my RMBP to an external monitor.

If anybody could help or has any advice then that would be great - Thanks!!

2. UniDoubleU macrumors regular

UniDoubleU

Might be software bugs or issues. Have you tried downloading the latest Logitech drivers and firmwares? Logitech, unfortunately might not offer latest software support for older products.

3. bentom13 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah - downloaded the latest software available. The Performance mouse is so popular so highly doubt that they have stopped creating software for it.

Thanks for your help!

4. Fishrrman macrumors G3

I've been using (and recommending) Logitech mice for years, and I've NEVER used Logitech's mouse driver software, ever.

Instead, I use "USB Overdrive" to "enable" the additional buttons of the mouse.

Works great, and is a "small piece of software" compared to Logitech's bloated driver application...

5. bentom13 thread starter macrumors member

6. bentom13 thread starter macrumors member

I have uninstalled the Logitech software and the mouse is working fine!

What software will allow me to use the additional button for doing screen grabs and back/forward etc?

7. dagamer34 macrumors 65816

dagamer34

I've found it's sometimes due to the particular orientation the USB receiver is in. For some reason, it does *not* like the vertical orientation which the iMac's USB ports are in.

So try a USB cable extender.

8. bentom13 thread starter macrumors member

I don't believe that's the case with mine as it was horizontal in my MacBook Pro and it still lagged.

I will just use the trackpad until a version of LCC for Yosemite is available, I am also going to contact Logitech.