Logitech MX Performance mouse, can I custom. buttons spaces/expose on nonapple mouse?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by TheSahand, Nov 1, 2009.

1. TheSahand macrumors member

Even though its a non apple mouse?
    I'm not sure if system preferences --> mouse will let me use the buttons on the mouse for things like dashboard, spaces, etc

I want to buy it, but I want to make sure it can do this first!

Thanks for taking the time out to help

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Logitech Control Center allows you to do a lot of the basic customizations. You can read my review here. Pictures of Logitech Control Center can be found in the thread here. Also USBOverdrive will allow for further customization.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Steermouse will do a much better job. Logitech's control center is notoriously problematic.

4. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

U should consider getting the new model Perfomance MX, I use one for my iMac and works great.

5. ohwell macrumors newbie

DPI setting?

I'm using USB overdrive with the PMX. Is there a way to set any of the buttons (zoom preferably) to cycle through the DPI levels similar to the -/+ buttons on a mx518?

From the looks of it, I can only assign 1 button to a set DPI.

Alternatively, does the logitech software allow you to assign buttons to do this? I know the software is to be avoided at all cost since a very, very long time ago.

Thanks

6. simplymuzik3 macrumors 6502a

I use Steermouse with my Logitech, and it works perfectly, allows you to customize everything and even make custom keyboard shortcuts. Very useful for me!

7. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

second steermouse, makes my mx revolution a dream to use. Logitech Control Center doesn't work with my mouse.

8. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

I use Logitech Control Center on both Win7 and OSX, works good.

9. ohwell macrumors newbie

dpi setting?

Are folks using either steermouse or logitech control center able to assign buttons that increment the dpi at intervals (e.g. 400 dpi per click) or can you only assign a button to be exactly at 800 dpi and exactly at 1600 dpi?

I see the tracking and sensitivity screenshot for steermouse.

http://plentycom.jp/en/steermouse/images/win_csr_settings.jpg

What would be dpi setting equivalent?

Thanks!