Logitech MX Revolution barely working

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by elliottcable, Apr 7, 2007.

1. elliottcable macrumors newbie

elliottcable

I just shelled out for a Logitech MX Revolution mouse (99$), and it's really nice. Except it doesn't work...

While trying to 'mouse around' so to speak, it skips all over the place, and sometimes freezes for a portion of a second somewhere on the screen before catching up with me. Logitech's official driver software (LCC, or 'Logitech Control Center', a preference pane) doesn't work at all for me. Any suggestions on remedying this?

2. panoz7 macrumors 6502a

panoz7

The same thing happened to me with the Vx mouse. It worked for a while and now it jumps around and is pretty much useless. The mouse isn't mine so I haven't really had any reason to really search for a solution but I just wanted to let you know that it isn't just yours that's acting strange.

3. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

i had the same problems, only it was a bluetooth mighty mouse and not an mx revolution. my solution, strangely, was to replace the mm with an mx revolution, and everything seems fine now. i actually think it might be mouse-specific. i would try exchanging mice to see if it makes any difference.

4. drater macrumors 6502a

drater

same here, i like the mx revolution. it changes scroll wheel types on me when switching programs. I tried to program it not to do that, I want to me the choice (nobody tells me what to do, not even a mouse!).

But I like it a lot thus far.

5. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

i disabled the automatic switching. i generally like it in the frictionless scroll mode all the time.

6. drater macrumors 6502a

drater

thought i did that too, but didn't seem to work with me.:confused: