Logitech MX Revolution Mouse Settings

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by AppleThis&That, Jun 7, 2009.

1. AppleThis&That macrumors regular

AppleThis&That

Just got this mouse and love it so far. Has a much better feel than the mighty mouse and many more options.

To those who use this mouse, what settings do you set yours to. Just curious. This might give me some ideas.:D

[​IMG]

2. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

I use it in conjunction with SizzlingKeys4iTunes for music. I use the search button to play/pause a song and the forward and back keys to go to the next and previous track.

I've also set the thumbwheel to zoom in and out, making Photoshop a bit easier to use.

Anyone who's looking to get one, don't be put off by the high price tag. They are awesome mice, at least for right-handers.

3. AppleThis&That thread starter macrumors regular

AppleThis&That

Thanks.

Yeah, it's a very nice mouse. I got it for a good deal at Best Buy for $49.99 (originally $99.99) and they are running out of them quick! I had to call a store that had them still in stock. I luckily found a store and picked one up.

For my current settings, I have the thumbwheel set to zoom like you. In addition to that, I have the thumbwheel click set to zoom to fit. Works like a charm when you want to see the whole page after editing in Photoshop, InDesign, or Illustrator.

I still want to experiment though. I also thought it would be nice for me to have the zoom on the back and forward button and use the thumbwheel for switching applications and clicking it to show desktop. We'll see.

Anyway, it's a great tool for design or any other type of work.

Thanks for the info. :)

4. AppleThis&That thread starter macrumors regular

AppleThis&That

The zoom feature works great with Photoshop and Illustrator. But InDesign seems to zoom the whole screen and not the document itself like it does in Photoshop and Illustrator. Does anyone else have this issue? Not a big deal but would be nice if InDesign would work the same. Maybe there is a setting.

Wait a minute! Fixed it!. You set the zoom to keystroke commands. Works better. Zoom in is now set to 'Command +' for zoom in and 'Command -' for zoom out on the device. No problems now. Yay!