Logitech MX Revolution problem

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by pb1300, Aug 2, 2009.

1. pb1300 macrumors 6502a

Not really directly Mac related, but I seem to be having a problem with my mouse. It worked fine until a few days ago. Scrolling up on the wheel would work fine, then all of a sudden it would move up extremely slow, and it happens when the wheel is pressed into the click position and when its not. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, do you have any suggestions? Thanks you.

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

It could be that the wheel is just dirty. Disconnect your mouse and rub the wheel up and down vigourously with a clean cloth.

3. MacMini2009 macrumors 68000

MacMini2009

4. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Haven't had a problem, but I clean my mouse every three months for precautionary purposes.

5. pb1300 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Even if I am in Greece?

6. MacMini2009 macrumors 68000

MacMini2009

Oh, I don't think Logitech has support in Greece.

7. doox00 macrumors regular

Did you check the logitech app in system profiler thing? You can specify how fast the cursor moves and how fast the scroll wheel scrolls.

8. Fishrrman macrumors G3

RE: Logitech MX Revolution problem

I've seen a similar quirk with my Logitech MX-610 wireless mouse.

The symptoms are: after using it (for something or other), you try to use it again - usually by moving the cursor position - and the pointer will "track" VERY slowly.

I've come to think that this is due to some kind of interaction between the mouse, the Mac, and the wireless connection system it uses.

If I unplug the wireless received from the keyboard USB port, and plug it right back in, the problem _disappears_.

However, I've also found that if I just let the mouse _sit still_ a couple of seconds, it will again respond to normal motions.

This doesn't happen very often - just randomly. For that reason, I simply accept it, wait a second or two, and then "move on". For me, it happens so seldom that it's not worth fighting as "a problem that has to be corrected". I just live with it.

If your MX is doing it _all the time_, of course, that's a different story.

- John

9. Rock-On!! macrumors newbie

My scroll won't work when I open an application like add attachment to an email or when opening a window to upload to photobucket.
    This has just started within the last couple of days.

Anyone else having these problems?