Logitech MX Revolution problems

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by fiftyfour123, Jun 18, 2008.

1. fiftyfour123 macrumors member

I have the logitech mx revolution mouse which is not bluetooth, it uses a usb dongle. I have the ongle plugged into the back on my apple usb keyboard. the keyboard is plugged directly into the macbook pro. so the problems are 1) when i close the computer it goes to sleep, then a few seconds later it wakes up while it is still closed. this happens even when the mouse is turned off. the only way to prevent it is to unplug the dongle from the back of my keyboard.

the other problem is that when the computer starts up or wakes up the mouse is irresponsive and doesnt do anything. so, i unplug the dongle and plug it back in. When i plug it back in the caps lock light on my keyboard blinks until i unplug the dongle. to get the mouse working i have to do all these crazy combinations of turning the mouse on and off and unplugging and plugging back in the dongle. I'm not sure what the problem is. This doesnt always happen but it happens most of the time. When the problem does occur i try plugging the dongle directly into the macbook pro, the caps lock key doesnt blink but the mouse still doesnt work. I also have a usb hub attached to the computer, and the mouse never works when its plugged into that.

Thanks for any help.

2. Hydramus macrumors member

That is some pretty strange behaviour, since I use an MX revolution too with the dongle plugged into a USB hub and i've never had any problems. It should work with the dongle plugged into the usb hub and I'm guessing that the hardware is fine so it could be something software/driver related. Although to make sure, maybe you could try the mouse on a different computer?

3. fiftyfour123 thread starter macrumors member

when i get the chance i'll try it on my brothers macbook. And i dont think it's a driver related problem anyway. The problem occured while using Steermouse and Logitech Control Center. I'll post back after i try it on another computer.