Logitech MX Revolution Question

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by stealth0707, Apr 9, 2008.

1. stealth0707 macrumors newbie

2. Mac In School macrumors 65816

I just got one today. Using it right now.

Not sure about the white option. I haven't seen a white one. I ordered mine directly from the Logitech Web site.

It is not a Bluetooth mouse. There is a transmitter you plug into a USB port. Just the way I like it!

Not sure how I feel about the mouse yet. The superduper scrolling (or whatever it's called) is a wild ride. I may end up loving it, I may end up hating it. Not sure yet.

3. RickityTick macrumors newbie

I have the black version of this mouse for my iMac. It is a GREAT mouse! I set the side wheel to invoke expose when you pull it back and dashboard when you press it in. In FF or Safari, I set the buttons on the side go back and forward webpages. The scroll wheel moves me between tabs when pushed side to side. . The scroll wheel can either click or free spin. Lots of ways to configure it, which it why I love it so much.

I've seen a picture of the white one on Gizmodo or somewhere before, but I can't find it now.

EDIT: I think I may have seen the mouse from the S 530 Keyboard and mouse set instead. Looks pretty similar to the MX.

4. BlakTornado Guest

BlakTornado

Well mine has got all jammed up so it barely spins anymore :p

Let's hope everyone else has a better experience than myself, considering this is my second from Amazon.

On the other hand, I wrote section thing about the Logitech MX Revolution on the Mouse Guide... So I obviously like this mouse xD

It's better than the Mighty Mouse by far.

Never heard of a white one though...

5. Executor macrumors member

I am considering the white MX Revolution mouse, but I need to see a picture of it first. Anyone has one and cares to share?. Thanks

6. Gordy macrumors 6502a

I've got the black version and it superb, one of the best mice out there. However the logitech software and support let it down.

Side note no problems here with my wheel and I've had this one since they came out.

A white or silver version would be good for me to match my setup better.

7. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

I was considering the mx revolution as well, but I dont know about the wireless part. I like wired mouse better since it wont run out of battery.. How long would the battery last on the mx revolution and how long until the battery dies all together?

8. DJJONES macrumors 6502

i own one and the battery life last over a week easily and comes with a rechargable cradle so that beats any mouse that needs batteries to be changed. the mouse is awesom if you have second thought dont because its probably the best wireless mouse out

9. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

i've never seen nor have i ever heard of a white mx revolution. nothing on logitech's website would indicate that such a model exists (while it does show the different colors of the v470). so i'm guessing it's a typo.

10. stealth0707 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I took the plunge. It is in fact a typo. I think the only difference is the box says "for Mac". Since both versions are identical (work on Windows/Mac and include software for both), there is no advantage I see to getting this one. I'm going to see if Amazon will credit me for the price difference, since I like the mouse. Otherwise, I'll just exchange it for the other one.

Thanks for all the replies.

11. CST macrumors member

So you're saying you ordered the "white for Apple Mac" one and it was actually black? That's weird. I was just about to buy that one. I think I'll go for the cheaper black one then if that's the case.

12. stealth0707 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, it is a misprint. Amazon did refund the difference though, within 6 hours. That's good customer service!

13. Mac In School macrumors 65816

Okay, so here's a usage question for y'all.

If I dock this thing every night anyway, is there any good reason to turn it off when I do so? I ain't gonna run out of battery power. Turning it on and off gets a bid tedious.