Logitech MX Revolution Software driver

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by whyrichard, May 11, 2008.

1. whyrichard macrumors 68000

Hi mac peeps,

why is it so hard to have a mouse that i like?

the mx revolution is alright... but i want to preserve middle click, as is possible on a windows computer.... the ability to use middle click and not toggle between the silly notched/speed scroll that seems to be set by default.

is there something that is free that preserves the middle click on an mx revolution?

or has logitech's drivers for mac finally been updated?

thanks,

r.

2. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

Yes, you can use Logitech's free software which works fine with Leopard, or SteerMouse, or USB Overdrive, or probably some others that I don't know about.

3. Luis macrumors 65816

Luis

Many people complain of Logitech's control center, but it has worked wonderfully for me until now. However, i don't know if you can set the middle click as you want... but you could use the click in the thumb wheel instead!

4. ceres macrumors regular

Absolutely no problems here with LCC. I am glad I installed it. It´s working absolutely flawless.

5. BlakTornado Guest

BlakTornado

Probably not.

my problems with the Logitech MX Revolution is that my scroll wheel has stopped working (On two occasions... well, gone sticky. Probably my fault.) and that sleeping causes the wheel to go INCREDIBLY slow (as in, I will scroll and it scrolls down the page at a snails pace)

6. irontony macrumors member

I have the same mouse too, and was disturbed also the first time it happened. I soon discovered that this is actually a feature of the mouse "free scrolling and click scroll"

Just press the top wheel button and it will click in - enabling free scrolling/rolling again and vice versa.

Mine does this everytime OSX boots up - so just "click" the top wheel down and you will be fine

The LLC software has been good to me this time round. Runs fine with Leopard 10.5.2