Logitech MX Revolution to go BLUETOOTH!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by InLikeALion, Jan 31, 2008.

1. InLikeALion macrumors 6502a

I was sad to miss the post-thanksgiving sales that Dell and the like had on this terrific mouse. But now Engadget is reporting some exciting news via FCC photos - the MX Revolution will receive a bluetooth upgrade in the (hopefully near) future. I sure hope it doesn't include a price hike.

Read

2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

if the mx gets rid of the rechargeable battery, i'm all over it. or, i'd also really like to see a bluetooth vx revolution.

3. Silver-Fox macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

same i have the vx great mouse but the receiver is kinda annoying

4. InLikeALion thread starter macrumors 6502a

You mean you'd prefer disposable batteries? So you don't have to wait while it charges if it's running low while in use? I have never used it, but I've read people at MR address this by simply docking it overnight. Wouldn't that essentially mean you didn't have to worry about switching batteries? I just want some opinions on that, b/c I lack experience with rechargeable mice.

5. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

Everyone loves this mouse so much. Is there an equivalent wired mouse? I really have no need for wireless. I'm still not sure it would be worth $100 over the mighty mouse, but maybe a wired version would be cheaper...

6. InLikeALion thread starter macrumors 6502a

The FCC filing date was 1/17/08.

I don't know where in a product development/release cycle FCC approval is applied for. Hopefully this could be coming soon.

7. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

my mx would require charging every few days (not even a week), and it forced me to keep thinking about it in the back of my mind. i would much rather replace the batteries and forget about it for a few months at a time, which is why i moved from the mx to the vx.

if you wait for a deal, you can find both the vx and mx for insanely great prices. i managed to buy my mx from costco for $37 and a vx from staples for $27 (i've even seen it for less). that's two great mice for less than the price of a wireless mighty mouse.

8. InLikeALion thread starter macrumors 6502a

I haven't seen any deals since before Christmas. Are these local b&m stores, or online?

9. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

they were all online. the $27 vx was a black friday deal (a day later, amazon had it on sale for $18), but the $37 mx was a limited time offer last summer. these sorts of deals pop up every now and then, and they're worth waiting for.

10. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

the vx is the best mouse i've ever used. hands down. i sure hope they make a bluetooth version. and i agree with the rechargeable battery, more of a hassle than you'd think.

two nice changes to the vx though - easier on/off switch, and easier to change scrolling. but the latter isn't a big deal, i just leave it free-spinning. but i don't always put the receiver away and forget to turn it off, and its a pain to press

11. InLikeALion thread starter macrumors 6502a

You mean compared to the MX, the VX has an easier on/off switch and easier to change scrolling, or visa versa, or that the VX has had an update?

Also, what is the size/feel difference between the two? I'd be worried the VX didn't feel 'substantial' enough.

On topic: I surprised most of these logitech mice haven't always been bluetooth or at least had bt counterparts. I guess maybe bt hasn't been as mainstream in pc's as it is in macs?

12. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

its two changes i'd like to see, sorry for being unclear.

the size is noticeable, but for me the MX used to feel great, now just feels unwieldy in comparison.

i think the reason they haven't been simply due to battery life.