Logitech mx revolution/vx nano users

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by lankox, May 1, 2008.

1. lankox macrumors regular

Can you set the mouse to vertically scroll one page at a time? Ready to jump on one or the other but need to make sure of this capability. Thanks!

2. wildbill macrumors newbie

I can't answer your question fully since I am at work, but my setup at home has an iMac with a VX nano using Steermouse. on the VX there is the scroll wheel, and then almost what could be described as a switch that you can push up and down, kind of where your index finger is. I know the scroll wheel won't do one page at a time. It spins really easy and sometimes I find myself scrolling too fast, but I am guessing that you might be able to assign the page up or page down buttons to that switch I was describing earlier.

As for the MX I know there is a different scroll wheel and some more buttons, so the functionality might allow this as well.

I will check later and let you know...

3. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

With Steermouse you can configure the scroll action to issue the PageUp/Down command. This is with the Nano.

Hint: Configure it scroll wheel to Input Shortcut Key - Other - pageup/down (which on the new keyboards is fn+arrow)

4. lankox thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the replies. With steermouse can you configure all the extra buttons of the mx revo?

5. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

You could also configure the side scroll wheel-shaped buttons to do this, leaving the main wheel for regular scrolling.

All the MX features are supported by SteerMouse.

6. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

Yes, it somehow seems wrong to have to pay $20 more for drivers for an already expensive mouse but Steermouse is worth every cent. I don't regret my purchase one bit. The Logitech Control Center is total crap and caused conflicts with Growl, Mail.Appetizer and wouldn't allow the use of my mouse in Mame.

Steermouse will allow you to program every single button on your MX or VX as you like.

7. lankox thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

Thanks for the info.