Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Josias

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 10, 2006
I went to visit my granny the other day with my family, and saw her computer. She has the following: AOpen PC running Windows 98 on a 350 MHz Pentium III, 64 MB RAM and a 6 GB HDD. She has some old crap keyboard, a crap Zitech screen, and a Logitech MX700 mouse. I tried out the computer, but something constantly happened. The mouse constantly lost signal. Suddenly it would move, and click, and suddenly it would stand still.I though it was the old computer cracking up, but then I tried the mouse with my MB (see sig), which I brought for watching movies in the car. The mouse did the same here. I daily use the MB with a Mighty Mouse, and have no issues here. The mouse was fully charged, and nothing seemed wrong with it. Is this normal, or is it a faulty mouse?

gadgetgirl85

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
Sounds like the mouse to me if you got the mighty mouse working. I could be wrong. I would have said your grannys computer if you hadnt said it worked for you.

BlizzardBomb

macrumors 68030
Jun 15, 2005
England
Have you downloaded the proper drivers? If not it sounds like its faulty as my 3-year old+ MX700 has never lost its connection.

Josias

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 10, 2006
Well, I installed the drivers myself on her computer for her, and it worked rigt away when I plugged it into my MB, but the mouse seems to crack up, no matter what computer it's plugedd into. I now also tried another normal mouse (some old HP mouse) one granny's PC, and it worked fine..:confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.