Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

obelix112za

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
I'm buying a new iMac in 2 weeks. I'll be running XP with Bootcamp for most of my non-Mac gaming (unfortunately).

I'm also getting a Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard

Can't decide bewtween 3 mice?

1) Logitech VX Revolution

2) Logitech G9

3) Microsoft Sidewinder

I'd like some advice / opinions from anyone owning or used any of these mice. Or anyone with better ideas.

My 1st two games I'll be buying is Unreal Tournament 3 and Serious Sam 2.

Dr. Cheesesteak

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2005
That Microsoft mouse is certainly... interesting. :)

I will say that I've owned 3 different wireless Microsoft mice over the last year (the smaller ones in the $40 range) and only one of them has survived the whole year. These are very different mice than the one you are looking at though.

I did just buy the Logitech VX Revolution you mentioned about a week ago, and I absolutely love it. It says it is OS X compatible on the box, although I'm still using SteerMouse instead of the Logitech software to adjust all my settings and button mappings.

In windows I've been playing a lot of Orange Box lately and found this mouse to be really superior to the others I've owned there...

So... I haven't tried the other ones you mentioned, but I certainly give a thumbs up to the VX Revolution.

machatch

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2007
depends
I'm buying a new iMac in 2 weeks. I'll be running XP with Bootcamp for most of my non-Mac gaming (unfortunately).

I'm also getting a Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard

Can't decide bewtween 3 mice?

1) Logitech VX Revolution

2) Logitech G9

3) Microsoft Sidewinder

I'd like some advice / opinions from anyone owning or used any of these mice. Or anyone with better ideas.

My 1st two games I'll be buying is Unreal Tournament 3 and Serious Sam 2.

One mice that have gotten great revues if gaming is your goal: http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/gaming/productdetails.aspx?pid=092
The third option is maybe even bether..
The cordless is cool but i've heard "hard core gamers" complain it's not fast enough for gaming.I play games i currently have this
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/mice_pointers/mice/devices/187&cl=us,en
I did not bough my mice however i just got i for free.So i might have bought
the cordless just because it's cordless and i dont think the difference it's that big.By the way the logitech suits the hand very good i dont really know about the microsoft's.
my dime:)

note : ore look at this thing - http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-n52te-...4?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1193880330&sr=8-1
It look's heavy gamy..but hey it looks practical..ore not..he,he:rolleyes:

obelix112za

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
Thanx for everyones input. I think i'm buying the VX Revolution. You know after reading reviews, suggestions & then all of a sudden you say: 'That's the one I want'. And don't look back.

That's the way to know that you've made the right choice.

Cheers Guys

Gordy

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2005
Bristol, UK
I have the mx revolution and its superb. I used to only buy MS mice, but recently there is nothing in their product line I would like to buy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.