Logitech Performance Mouse MX Help

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by stangmmx, Aug 24, 2010.

1. stangmmx macrumors member

Just got the Logitech Performance Mouse MX. Awesome mouse, if anyone is in the market for one. Fits my hand perfectly.

As many of you probably know, Logitech's Control Center is horrendous. Heck, it doesn't even run in 10.6.

So, what do yall use to program your mouse buttons? USB Overdrive is no longer being updated and I have heard it's pretty buggy, and for whatever reason, I couldn't figure out Speedmouse. I may try reinstalling it one more time but, I was wondering if you all knew of any alternatives.

Thanks

2. milk242 macrumors 6502a

I had the MX revolution and now the performance MX both running the logitech lcc on the latest version of OS X with no problems.

What kind of extended functionality are you looking for that you can't get out of lcc?

3. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

Not sure where you got the idea LCC doesn't run in 10.6. I was running V3.0 in 10.6.4 with my MX Revolution mouse and Wave Pro keyboard until yesterday when I bought a new Performance MX mouse and upgraded LCC to V3.3...still works flawlessly, all the extra keyboard and mouse buttons function and are programmable as they should be.

4. striker9 macrumors member

UberOptions gives you a ton more control through LCC in terms of programming buttons as well.