Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fez Vrasta

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 23, 2015
Hey guys,

I've a Logitech Performance MX mouse and I'd like to configure its extra buttons on Yosemite.

I see there is a software from Logitech called Logitech Control Center, but I know the manufacturer softwares usually suck so I was wondering if you had experiences with this mouse and its software before I install it and maybe I screw up my OS..

Thanks!

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I've a Logitech Performance MX mouse and I'd like to configure its extra buttons on Yosemite.

I see there is a software from Logitech called Logitech Control Center, but I know the manufacturer softwares usually suck so I was wondering if you had experiences with this mouse and its software before I install it and maybe I screw up my OS..
The LCC works fine and is easy and reliable. I've used it for years to configure several Logitech mice, including my current Anywhere Mouse MX.

wksj

macrumors regular
Feb 20, 2015
I don't think LCC lets you modify all buttons. Use USB Overdrive.

Fez Vrasta

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 23, 2015
I installed the logitech one but now the mouse wheel is weird and on some apps like Photoshop is too fast, on other apps instead is too slow... I can't find a way to fix it even playing with the settings.

I'll try the other software.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I installed the logitech one but now the mouse wheel is weird and on some apps like Photoshop is too fast, on other apps instead is too slow... I can't find a way to fix it even playing with the settings.
You can adjust the speed and acceleration of the scroll wheel in the LCC, as follows:

Screen Shot 2015-04-10 at 4.46.38 PM.PNG

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Yes I've tried to tweak these settings but the problem was not fixed.
Be aware that some individual apps will react differently to scroll settings than others. For example, MS Office apps tend to scroll much faster than Safari or other Apple apps. That's not a failing of the mouse software, but rather the response of the individual app.

Fez Vrasta

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 23, 2015
Be aware that some individual apps will react differently to scroll settings than others. For example, MS Office apps tend to scroll much faster than Safari or other Apple apps. That's not a failing of the mouse software, but rather the response of the individual app.

I see, but if without the LCC everything works fine I expect that even with it things will work fine..

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I see, but if without the LCC everything works fine I expect that even with it things will work fine..
I've used the LCC to control several different Logitech mice over several years, on OS X versions from Leopard to Mavericks. It has never given me any problems, other than the fact that I switch from smooth scrolling to "notched" scrolling when working in MS apps. Other than that, it has worked extremely well with a large number of apps.

ticotoo

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2010
Logitech LCC

Try reinstalling LCC. I find that helps, especially after a upgrade/new release of OSX. Also after using Parallels Win7 my logitech M570 trackball movement becomes hyper sensitive & I have to go into LCC to "reset". Actually I don't have to adjust anything, by just accessing LCC the original sensitivity is restored. So yes various programs can affect your settings.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.