Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

quigleybc

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Hi there

I've been suckered twice now by these "plug and play" gamepads. The latest one I just got is called the Precision gamepad from Logitech.

Games don't recognize it at all. And on there site there is no mention of drivers for mac.

Just wondering before I return it and give the guy from the mac store an earfull if anyone has any experience with this thing, and if there is something I'm missing.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2225,CONTENTID=9500

I'm running 10.4.5

Thanks.

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
I ran emulators just fine last year using that exact same pad. I had to use a sharware plug-in but it worked just fine. My Logitech® Extreme 3D Pro Joystick works just fine too. Check in System Profiler > USB if that gamepad shows up. What game are you trying to get it to work in?

It was Plug & Play for me from 10.4.0 -10.4.3.

quigleybc

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Eidorian said:
I ran emulators just fine last year using that exact same pad. I had to use a sharware plug-in but it worked just fine. My Logitech® Extreme 3D Pro Joystick works just fine too. Check in System Profiler > USB if that gamepad shows up. What game are you trying to get it to work in?

It was Plug & Play for me from 10.4.0 -10.4.3.

Well, ya it works with the older style games. But I need it to work with Stubbs the Zombie, and others.

Doesn't show up.

So, I took it back and got the wireless one, because I was told that I needed one with the "thumbsticks" which I now have.

Still nothing. Stubbs the Zombie still can't recognize it. This one cost over 50 bucks...I'm pissed now.

It is recoginzed in system profiler. And it wants to work, none of my games will let it work though...

arghh..

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1070788&Tab=11&NoMapp=

quigleybc

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Eidorian said:
I'd contact Aspyr and see if they've tested any gamepads.

That's a good idea.

I'll just take this one back too....odd that a fancy gamepad like the one I just got still won't work...makes me think that no gamepads will work no matter how snazzy and pricey they are.

Oh well, I just hate playing games with the keyboard/Mouse. But such is life....

Thanks for your reply's.

:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.