Logitech ProCreate Issue

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Swisspo, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Swisspo macrumors regular

Swisspo

Hello everyone! I recently purchased 128gb iPad Pro &  Pencil (Absolutely love it) and I was definitely in the market for a keyboard case. I do loads of typing on a daily basis, and found out quick that using the touch keyboard was way to awkward for me to be as productive as I would like to be. Purchased the ProCreate due to the protection, backlit keys, and a similar feel to my RMBP keyboard. I ordered one from Logitech, and when I received it, the enter key was a lot more dim in comparison to the rest of the keys. I called Logitech and was told it was defective and needed to be returned, in which I did. I then ordered another one directly from Apple this time, and had it overnighted since I was due to fly out of town later in the week. I opened that one up, and can you believe I had the exact same issue!? ;( Has anyone else had the same issue or is the enter/return key just a lot dimmer than the rest by design? (I'm finding that hard to believe) Anyway, I ended up purchased the Smart Keyboard, which is a pleasure to type on, and I find it money well spent, especially combined with the silicone case. It is definitely a bummer though, since I really enjoyed typing on the ProCreate..

2. Max Your Macs macrumors member

I went through two Logitech Creates and both had the same problem with the Enter key being dim. They also had other issues and the design is just not very good after using it a while. Zagg SlimBook all the way.

3. Swisspo thread starter macrumors regular

Swisspo

It's nice to know it is not just me then. I was beginning to wonder. I very rarely have issues with defective products, and 2 back to back seemed odd to me. I was starting to wonder if it was designed that way. I might look into the ZAGG case somewhere down the road though. I miss having the backlit keys. At the same time, after purchasing the Smart Keyboard and silicone case, I feel committed to it for the time being with given how much it cost lol