Logitech Quickcam Orbit

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Southern Dad, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

For years, I've had this Logitech Quickcam Orbit. I love the camera. I decided to use it on my MacPro. Using it with FaceTime, I have found that it has an excellent picture. However, one negative. I'm unable to move the camera without just reaching out and moving it.

I have searched and I have found a Logitech program for the Mac that will let me control it but only on a PowerPC Mac.

What I'm wanting is to be able to use the pan, tilt and zoom on this camera. The face tracking, I'm not worried about. If anyone can help with a suggestion please let me know.

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Logitech is quite clear that these features are supported only on Windows.

3. Southern Dad thread starter macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

I guess I will have to be quite clear to Logitech with my dollars. Even when purchasing something for a Windows machine, they are not in the equation.

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

And exactly which webcam manufacturer do you intend to switch to for Mac support by its non-video features?

5. spinkpup macrumors newbie

I'm with you SouthernDad, I like this camera and disappointed that the features aren't available for Mac users. I keep the camera and search the web periodically for a solution. I wonder if there's a way to hack this camera. I'd use it for Skype or facetime but ultimately I'd love to be able to control it remotely like a surveillance cam. It just hasn't worked out.