Logitech Quickcam Ultra webcam?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by titangears, Mar 9, 2008.

1. titangears macrumors member

titangears

Will the windows version of the Logitech Quickcam Ultra webcam (part number 960-000016) work with an iBook (or any other mac) running Tiger or Leopard?

Beach camera is selling them for $29 right now (with a $90 rebate).

Has anyone had any success with this webcam?

2. titangears thread starter macrumors member

titangears

I have good news. I took a chance and ordered this webcam, and it works well on my iBook G4 without having to use any third party drivers. I have used it with iChat and Yahoo and the video and audio work great. Unfortunately it didn't come with any bundled OSX software, but for $29.95 who cares? This is a high quality webcam that works natively with OSX. Both video and audio work flawlessly. Order it before the end of the month to take advantage of the $90 rebate. BTW, I do not work for Beach Camera or Logitech - I'm just trying to pass along a good deal to all the good people here.

3. Mr.PS macrumors 6502a

4. titangears thread starter macrumors member

titangears

Very good quality, and works well in low light.

5. Mr.PS macrumors 6502a

I went ahead and ordered it, I would have preferred an Isight, but oh well. The Logitech is a better camera. Especially for $29.95.

6. titangears thread starter macrumors member

titangears

Yep. $29.95 is a very attractive price indeed. I too would have liked an iSight. Strange that Apple stopped making them since there still seems to be a big demand for them, but I wouldn't have paid $120 for them or whatever Apple was selling them for.