Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BryanLyle

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 2, 2005
Just installed a QuickCam Vision Pro (from Logitech) and it works perfectly with my MacPro. Autofocus works perfect. This camera is much much better than the Quickcam 9000.

So, if you are in the market for a web cam, this is a good choice.

MagnumJoe

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2008
Just installed a QuickCam Vision Pro (from Logitech) and it works perfectly with my MacPro. Autofocus works perfect. This camera is much much better than the Quickcam 9000.

So, if you are in the market for a web cam, this is a good choice.

I have a QuickCam 9000 Pro and it's worked well with my PC the video quality is awesome, but I've switched to Mac back in Oct 07. My QuickCam 9000 works with my MBP and the video quality is just as crisp as it was with my PC, but the frame rate sucks (3-5 FPS). So I'm very interested in the Vision Pro. How's the frame rate? Is there any software that comes with it, so you can zoom in and out? If not I'll just use Cam Twist.

MXSkier62

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2006
that's the camera that runs natively with iChat right? That works alright? I want to get a monitor and the quickcam so I can chat with friends through iChat. so if it works great, awesome!

MagnumJoe

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2008
I received my Vision Pro today from Newegg, and I'm a little disappointed with my purchased. The video quality is great, auto focus works well and does pretty good adjusting to different light levels. The thing that's still not fix, at least I didn't see an improvement compared to my 9000 Pro was Frames Per Second I'm still only getting 3-4 in yahoo under stats. Is there a website that anyone knows of to give me the true frames per sec? I'd also like to see Logitech come out with some software for the Vision Pro. Currently I'm using Camtwist.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.