Logitech S530 Mouse & Keyboard

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by chosenwolf, Nov 19, 2007.

1. chosenwolf macrumors 6502a

chosenwolf

Does anyone use this setup with their desktop Macintosh? I am looking into purchasing it and just want to know if it works well. I am concerned about the wireless range and the type of USB receiver that it comes with.

Any info appreciated, thanks!

2. danny_w macrumors 601

I tried it a long time ago and thought it was junk. They look nice, but the keyboard feels cheap and flimsy, and very flat. I could also not get the included receiver to work, but used one from my MX700 combo. They may have changed since that time, but that is my experience.

3. cuestakid macrumors 68000

i have it right now and I absolutely love it-its sleek, responsive, has all kinds of shortcuts to apps and such. As for the USB reciever, it has great range and is very small-the only minor down side is that the cord is kinda long for my taste but if it is positioned a little aways from where it is plugged into the computer you should be fine

4. rogersmj macrumors 68020

rogersmj

I had it for awhile and liked the mouse just fine, but I ditched the keyboard after a few weeks and went back to the Apple. Few keyboards feel as nice and solid as the Apple ones.

5. chosenwolf thread starter macrumors 6502a

chosenwolf

Thanks for the feedback guys, ended up ordering one. I have a Logitech keyboard and mouse for my PC and have been very happy with it. I expect the same from the S530

6. prostuff1 macrumors 65816

prostuff1

I am using the combo right now and love it. I like the feel of a laptop keyboard a lot more then that of a desktop style keyboard. The mouse is one of the better ones I have found.

On a side note, I could not get the logitech software to recognize that I had this combo. This was not a huge deal for me as I use steermouse for controlling the mouse. The only problem with not getting the logitech software to work is that some of the special keys do not work. This is not a huge deal for me and i am sure that with a little more effort i could get the logitech software installed.

7. mac-convert macrumors 6502a

mac-convert

Looks like some do, some don't, which is about what you will get with any review - but...

My two cents worth - I've been using the S530 keyboard and mouse a little over a year on my mini, and I am well pleased with it. I like the feel of both devices and they are excellent on battery usage. I am only on my third set now. I do wish they where both the same size, but you'll need a stock of AA and AAA's.

The only downside, is that I did have to download the updated drivers from the Logitech site when I purchased it. It also caused the bluescreen when I did an upgrade to Leopard, but an A&I fixed it. A victim of the Unsanity software. You may need to go to System Preferences once the drivers are installed to give it a nudge to start it working.

On a scale of 1 to 5, I'll give it a four - the one point lost for the bluescreen.