Logitech S530 mouse problems

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Coach50, May 17, 2007.

1. Coach50 macrumors newbie

My Logitech S530 mouse has been working fine for over a year but has recently started to act weird. When I click on an email to drag to a folder it instantly opens it (as if single click is set to double click), and when I try to drag files it drops them half way and picks up whatever else is under it at the time - very annoying. Not sure if this is a conflict with OS X 10.4.9 software update. Is anyone else experiencing similar things? My Mac mouse works fine. I've uninstalled the Logitech drivers and updated to the latest ones from Logitech, but nothing changes. Any ideas out there? :confused:

2. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

Bumping an old thread here because I've been experiencing the same symptoms with my own S530 mouse. At the moment I am using the Steermouse driver. I wonder if anyone ever found a fix for this or if it is a hardware issue with the mouse itself.

It is extremely annoying to not be able to click and drag items or click to select text etc since the mouse often seems to interpret single single left clicks as a double click. Also, tasks like selecting multiple e-mail messages only to click on the 8th one and suddenly see them all being OPENED are wearing my patience thin.