Logitech S530 Questions

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by supernick90, Jun 14, 2008.

1. supernick90 macrumors newbie

Hi guys, thinking of getting this set to play the odd game on and because i'm not a big fan of the new apple keyboards. Was just wondering:

1. Are all the bugs fixed, e.g. not being able to use buttons, cutting out etc.
    2. Is it the best out there asides from apple branded ones?

Thanks
    :apple::D:apple:

2. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

I have an S530 here I used with my prior 20" Core Duo iMac. It worked well enough although the mouse did eventually develop an extremely annoying "double-click when single-clicking" behavior.

However, I loved the new aluminum keyboard so much I put it away when I got my new 24" aluminum iMac.

I don't know what you're referring to about not being able to use buttons, cutting out, etc. I had the S530 about a year and a half ago and aside from the hardware problems the mouse developed I had no other issues to speak of and all of the buttons worked fine.

3. supernick90 thread starter macrumors newbie

OK cheers, and i'm curious as to the build quality and feel of the mouse itself. Would anyone mind taking a few pictures of the set, and a few closeups of the mouse from different angles? If they would i will give them a shiny new E-cookie.

Thanks

4. prostuff1 macrumors 65816

prostuff1

I really like my s530 setup. You can find pretty good pics on logitech's website. Make sure to get the current version of the Logitech Control Center (which is think is 2.6) as it resolves some issues with kill Growl.

It was kinda funny actaully. Growl released a update to work around the logitech problem and then not a day later Logitech released Control Center 2.6 which fixed the problem they created.

Anyway, i am pleased with the hardware and the software seems to be much improved.