Logitech S530 still Kernel Panicing?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by tipdrill407, Oct 5, 2007.

1. tipdrill407 macrumors 6502

hi i am thinking of buying a Logitech S530 kb and mouse to use with my macbook when i am at home. However i am hearing a lot about how this product and it's software is causing frequent kernel panics, especially when unplugging the USB dongle (which i will be doing a lot as i take my macbook with me quite often). I was wonder if Logitech has reeased any software updates to address this issue before i purchase this product? Thanks.

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

3. tipdrill407 thread starter macrumors 6502

Google Kernal Panics+Logitech S 530 and you'll find many similar stories about kernal panics with this product.

4. tipdrill407 thread starter macrumors 6502

ahhhhh i wanna go keyboard shopping tmr loll!! anyone have experience with teh S530 with a macbook and can gimme some feedback??

5. topgunn macrumors 65816

topgunn

Just go buy one. If it causes kernel panics, then return it.

By the way, I had one for a few months and NEVER had any problems with it.

6. tipdrill407 thread starter macrumors 6502

Did u install the logitech software that enables the use of the multimedia buttons?? I hear that is the source of the kernal panics

7. MikeyTree macrumors 6502

I have a S530, and never bothered installing the software, and have never had a kernal panic. Not all of the little buttons on the sides of the keyboard work, but I don't really need them anyway.

8. tipdrill407 thread starter macrumors 6502

Anyone who owns this product and is running LCC having problems with kernel panics?

9. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I have an entire department of Logitech and Logitech Control Center users that never complain of any kernel panics.