Logitech scroll wheel mouse - no button options

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Nostromo, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Nostromo macrumors 65816

Nostromo

Hi,

For the use in Blender I need to reprogram my logitech wheel mouse (2 buttons, one scroll wheel).

When I go to preferences/mouse I am not given any options for buttons, just double click speed and the other secondary things.

How can I, for example, reprogram the wheel, so when I click I won't get the widget/dashboard area?

2. iStudentUK macrumors 65816

iStudentUK

Have you downloaded Logitech Control Centre (go to Logitech site)? The latest version is quite good, lots of options for the buttons.

3. Nostromo thread starter macrumors 65816

Nostromo

I did.

Then it asked me for a "Logitech unifying receiver" and told me that it was not plugged in.

It sounds like a piece of hardware.

When I looked on my mac under "Logitech" it only showed me the Logitech control center installer, and, after I ran it, the Logitech unifying software, but nothing else.

After installing, I could not find anything that allowed me to program the buttons.

4. iStudentUK macrumors 65816

iStudentUK

Yes, the unifying receiver is the wireless USB dongle thing (my name for it is so much better!). I have a Bluetooth mouse, so don't have one. When I installed LCC it just appeared I'm system preferences at the bottom no trouble. Don't know what to suggest I'm afraid.

5. Nostromo, Jul 15, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2011

Nostromo thread starter macrumors 65816

Nostromo

Logitech's software does not recognize the Logitech mouse.

I found the solution in Expose where I disabled the scroll wheel - now it's available in Blender to navigate.