Logitech SetPoint driver on OS X?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by xkRoWx, Dec 10, 2007.

1. xkRoWx macrumors regular

xkRoWx

I used to use my Logitech G7 wireless mouse on my PC, which was SetPoint compatible because it was running on XP, but I switched to MBP this summer and I found no drivers are made for OS X.

My button 4 (closest to thumb) does nothing, and the only way to activate it is to have some sort of driver that will allow me to configure the setting.

Any help?

2. voyagerd macrumors 65816

voyagerd

3. phuong macrumors 6502a

yo, on the Mac it's called LCC - Logitech Control Center.
    i don't know why many people don't like it and opt for third party ***** but it runs perfectly for me. I've used it on many logitech products like MX laser, dinovo bluetooth, MX Rev, VX nano, G7 etc

by the way the newest version was just release less than a week ago
    http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/494/3129&cl=us,en

4. Decrepit macrumors 65816

Decrepit

I use the Logitech software on my system with an MX revolution in Leopard.

And I can use it again shortly as soon as my new mouse arrives. SOMEBODY, and I'm not naming names, may have dropped their mouse and broken the wheel gears for the scroller.

cough.

5. odinsride macrumors 65816

odinsride

I highly recommend Steermouse. It has a 1 month trial and works with every Logitech mouse I've tried. I couldn't get the LCC to work with some of my mice, but Steermouse works with all of them. One of the better investments you can make as far as utility apps are concerned.

6. millsjonah macrumors newbie

system preferences

you don't need setpoint. You can change you mouse buttons in system preferences under mouse. That is why they don't make mac setpoint and you don't need third party software like LLC :D:apple:

7. skorpien macrumors 68020

This is a thread that is over 3 years old. What applies now didn't necessarily apply then. Next time, make sure the thread is still relevant before replying :)

8. molex macrumors newbie

Except that... no you can't. The only thing you can change in the system preferences pane for the mouse is to make the primary mouse button left or right.

Incorrect advice is incorrect, thanks for herping now it's time for you to derp.