Logitech Speakers

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ezekielrage_99, Jun 16, 2008.

1. ezekielrage_99 macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

So I'm in the market for some new speakers although I don't want to break the bank I would like to invest in a nice set.

I am thinking of a set from the Logitech range either the z-5500, x-540 or x-530.

Any suggestions?

2. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

I was also looking at the Z-5500, but mostly for the subwoofer ;)

From what I felt in the store, the subwoofer with the Z-5500 kicks ass for the price.

3. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Not to a be a newbie poster:

You can get a nice set of M-Audio, Behringer (Truth's - my pick) or Alesis (among others) monitors for that price that will blow any of those out of the water...

If you are going to drop over $225 you are in serious monitor range and it would be a waste of money to buy anythingelse (UNLESS you NEED 5.1 surround sound)

4. ezekielrage_99 thread starter macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

I wasn't really going for a 5.1 but a system that would be good for games, movies and music. I'll take a look at the M-Audio and Behringer.

5. xparaparafreakx macrumors 65816

You might as well recommend KRK speakers.

6. MisterEd macrumors 6502

IMO If you have anything with an optical output (Mac, Xbox360, PS3) then get the Z-5500s, you really won't regret it. There may be monitors out there for the same price that beat them for music, but give it a digital 5.1 input and the Logitechs will really blow you away.
    Plus, if you have a house party, the Z-5500's will NOT let you down ;) I've only ever turned them up about 3/4 of the volume and they are deafening! I've had them about 18 months now, and I must say they are one of the purchases I don't have ANY regrets about (although I'm sure my neighbours would say otherwise) :)

Ed

7. Elven macrumors 6502a

Elven

I have owned the X-530's sold them one due to lack of space, but they are EXCELLENT speakers, I have the X-240's at the moment hooked upto my TV and they are brilliant for the price if not a little ugly:apple:

8. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

For the price range they are out there. I love my KRK sub, however the Behringer Truths B2301A's are the best option in terms of power and sound for under $300 and the M-Audio's can be bought for around $100. Amazon is the best place to get them, usually. Got some monitors cheaper then what they were going for on eBay, but new and without the ridiculous shipping charges.

9. Elven macrumors 6502a

Elven