Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover for $79.99!

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by joekim1026, May 7, 2012.

1. joekim1026 macrumors regular

Not sure how many of you all know this!

If you register any Logitech product on their website, they send you a 20% off coupon code in the mail!

I just did it and I ordered my case for $79.99! It may not work at first, I tried for two days and it finally worked! It also has free shipping!

Go for it!

2. i1alian085 macrumors member

Yup - just registered the work keyboard they gave me... got the 20% off my next purchase on logitech.com

The only thing is.... do I want the ultra thin keyboard or not haha?

3. joekim1026 thread starter macrumors regular

Or you could wait for the solar powered one!

4. kleinbros macrumors newbie

Thanks for sharing! I've been debating on whether I should get this case for a while and the 20% off definitely helped me make a decision.

5. i1alian085 macrumors member

I saw that too.... my thing is i want something like the brookstone leather case with keyboard because i travel a lot with my ipad. i need it to look professional - and offer some protection.

Though the logitech one is a better looking keyboard - the case is horrible. i would have to travel with my smart cover and belkin hard shell for the back....whereas the brookstone one is all inclusive.

6. joekim1026 thread starter macrumors regular

Have you seen the ZaggFolio? Also possibly the Belkin keyboard folio+?

7. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

I've got a targus hughes oil leather portfolio that I snagged from best buy for $15 when the ipad 2's first came out. The ipad and logitech fit perfectly inside of it, more than adequate protection....and it doesn't scream "High priced apple electronics gear here!" when I walk across the room.

Looks quite stylish and high end. I was messing around on the BB site and ordered the black version of it for $20, with free shipping. Think the black will look better with my black ipad and logitech case than my brown one.

8. eg2007 macrumors 6502

Thanks for the BB heads up on that case. I've had the brown one and for $20 it's a STEAL! Just got the black one. I tried the Maroo, but it's not that great. Fake leather. I too have the Keyboard/iPad combo and wanted something to look more pro when at meetings. This is perfect! :)

9. boraxatude macrumors member

Thanks for the heads up on this. I got my coupon but Logitech's website won't take it for a preorder. I tried it on another in stock item and the coupon works. The coupon is valid for only 30 days.

10. i1alian085 macrumors member

I called Logitech and told them that nothing in the coupon restricts it from using it on a preorder, or on that particular item. She told me that it excluded the new ultrathin keyboard. I again, responded by saying 'nothing on the website, or the coupon states that'......10 minutes later she said she would take my order, and refund me 20% of the price.

I told her I would order next week. There is one at the best buy down the road from me I am going to pick up for $100, and then just buy something else form logitech with the coupon.

11. boraxatude macrumors member

Indeed... I ordered and emailed customer service. They credited me the 20% two days later.

12. doboy macrumors 68000

I saw one at Costco today for $79. May want to call your local Costco. :)

13. Scottyee macrumors regular

doboy Thanks for the heads up about this.
    Drove over to my local Costco this morning and picked one up for $79.99.
    I reallly like it used with my iPad 3. Though I had read reports about the ultrathin's magnet being weak, on the contrary, my Ulltrathin's magnet is even stronger than the magnet in my Apple Smart Cover. I actuallly have to pull it pretty hard to detach it from the iPad, especially in typing mode. I really like the keyfeel and find no problem touch typing with it's slightly smaller key size and spacing.

My only complaint so far is that the Ultrathin keyboard won't accomodate my iPad 3 with back shell (Incase Mag Snap) attached. I'm wondering if there are other possibly thinner(?) back shells (or skins) available which might work, as I'd prefer at least some iPad scratch protection.

Also, are any of the iPad skin manufacter's offering protective skins specifically designed to protect the back of the Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard. This would greatly be appreciated.

14. drsox macrumors 65816

drsox

Thanks for this. I'd already ordered one from Amazon. Cancelled it and ordered one direct from Logitech.

15. dieburnbot macrumors 6502a

dieburnbot

I was just about to post that this is the going rate at Costco. I've already been beaten to the punch so this is more of a confirmation. Logitech might be a better deal if you don't have to pay tax there though.

16. BookEmDanno macrumors member

BookEmDanno

Belkin secure snap shield vs. Union Devicewear

I have this ultra-thin KB. I'm considering a back case for the iPad as well. I want to know if any of the cases I mentioned above is "compatible" with the KB, that is, it will securely (magnetically) lock with the back case on as it does without one.

Thanks for any responses.

Aloha!

17. skim32 macrumors newbie

Can anyone verify if this still works? I just got my promo code and it's not taking 20% off of my Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard. The promo code I got also says it excludes Tablet Accessories. Did they nip the bud on this?

18. joekim1026 thread starter macrumors regular

I have the devicewear union and it works.

19. Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

Like the ArmorSuit?