Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

frozzbite

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 10, 2011
hi guys,

just an update from my experience with the keyboard.

The keyboard itself is really great. But i do have one MAJOR complaint.

There is this rubber strip within the groove that holds up the iPad. Within my first day of use, I can see the rubber strip slipping off. I can certainly foresee it sliding off completely in a couple of weeks.

I contacted logitech support and they advised me to do a warranty claim from the retailer. But we all know it will be impossibly difficult with the current state of the supply and demand of the keyboard.

Anyone experiencing the same issue? I know there are some people whose rubber strip has already come off, if so, does the ipad still stay upright? Will my keyboard still function "normally"?

Thanks in advance
I am using the keyboard with an iPad 2.

masonicmonday

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2012
Hey, I was just wondering what you ended up doing with your keyboard. Im currently using the Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover with my Ipad 2. This is my 2nd Logitech keyboard, they replaced the first one due to this rubber strip issue. I am worried that if the rubber strip is gone completely that it will scratch my screen. Have you had that problem?

I was trying to find a rubber strip/tape to replace it on my own, however, have not had any luck.

Thanks!

Talon Six

macrumors member
Feb 5, 2012
The Gulf Coast
Got my dad one of these on Friday for his barfday. Here it is Monday and he has the same issue with the rubber strip peeling off already. No solution yet...

illusion787

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2012
Sorry to hear about your luck guys. Good to know which products are faulty and which ones aren't.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.