Logitech USB mouse trouble

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Shadook, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Shadook macrumors newbie

I have a Logitech G5 mouse that I've been using on my desktop with no trouble, but recently I switched it to my macbook so that I could play World of Warcraft on it as it runs better.I thought it was working okay but I discovered that when moving over anything clickable, be it on my desktop, in a browser, in-game, etc my mouse cursor will wobble and almost try and steer clear of whatever I'm trying to click.Like it moves a little bit to the left or right of what I'm about to click.
    I installed Logitech Control Center but it says there are no updates needed.I've tried doing a google search for drivers for the mouse but I just get windows files.If I could find my logitech disk I'd install it but I seem to remember having the same problem even after I tried installing the drivers that way.
    I'm using a normal Macbook with OS X.

2. ToastyX macrumors regular

That's because the mouse handling in Mac OS X can't handle mice with high sample rates properly, which causes slow movements to skip very badly. The only solution I know about is SteerMouse, which works around this problem for Logitech G5 mice.