Logitech V10 Speakers

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by virtual, Dec 3, 2007.

1. virtual macrumors member

Hi there,

I want to get some external speakers for my new alu iMac, I don't want to spend too much money on them since I only play music in the background whilst programming.

I found these on Logitech's Website and thought they looked quite nice:

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/speakers_audio/home_pc_speakers/devices/200&cl=gb,en

Now, I don't know too much about speakers, hence why I am posting here ;-) The only concern is that they are of reasonable quality (which I assume they will since they are Logitech) and that they will be loud enough for me to watch a film quite load :)

Thank you!
    Virtual

2. CashGap macrumors 6502

CashGap

If you can't find a review of the V10's, use what you can from my V20 experience.

They are a well-constructed, well-thought out design. Great sound quality. Plenty loud for me, but I generally have a movie or music at a volume that allows me to converse normally over it without raising my voice.

Very happy with the V20's.

3. Xeem macrumors 6502a

Xeem

V10s are designed for portability, and I've heard good things about them when used in place of laptop speakers, but they will not be nearly as loud as your iMac's built-in speakers, nor will they sound as good. I think you'd be much happier buying any of the 2.1 sets offered by Logitech, as a dedicated subwoofer makes all the difference in the world on smaller speaker sets.

4. kirktalon macrumors newbie

I just bought a pair on ebay and am waiting for them to show up. Like you I have the same MacBook model.

I have a Logitech something 250 headset that is problematic and I've others with the same problem. On the other hand I have had good luck with other Logitech products so I hope my headset problem is unique.

I'll try to remember to come back to this forum and post. Letting me know if you want one would help too.