logitech v270 BT mouse

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by aaronw1986, Jun 28, 2007.

1. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

First off...I've done a search, and was not able to get an answer to my satisfaction, got some contradicting answers. I am wondering if the v270 is a good buy. Not willing to pay $70 for mighty mouse, and v270 seems like the only other option. I will not game with it. It will be used on the go, mainly for when I am at school coding/surfing web. I am concerned with major lag. Can people help me out, tell me what they think. Also, I've read somewhere about some free drivers non-logitech which seem to help performance?

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

It worked just fine as a Bluetooth mouse for me without using Logitech drivers. It was too heavy for me though.

3. DZL macrumors regular

good mouse

everything i've read have had nothing but good things to say about it. i went ahead and got it for my mac pro that hasn't shipped (yet!).

DZL

4. Bern macrumors 68000

Bern

I own a v270. It replaced my BT MM. In comparison to the MM it is lighter, batteries last longer, tracks smoother and is faster.

You don't need the logitech drivers it will pair right out of the box and work as it should.

I bought the v270 as I have had one before I bought the BT MM, but that damn MM is a pain (the trackball is funky etc). I'm more than happy with the v270 I find it much better to use in Photoshop (when I'm not using my Wacom tablet) than the BT MM ever was.

5. starlabs macrumors member

There is major lag - but prob not in the way you're thinking about.
    If you don't use the mouse for awhile, it goes to sleep. It takes a second or two after moving the mouse, clicking, etc. to wake up. It is this lag that really annoyed me with this mouse. I don't know if this is endemic to all BT mice or just the logitech one.

I ended up giving it away and using the Logitech Revolution VX (yeah it's got a dongle, but I've learned to live with it, rather than that annoying delay before the mouse wakes up).

Also the mouse is a bit on the thin side. If you've got big hands or are expecting to use this mouse for extended periods, you may find your hand cramping a bit. Mine did.

6. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

This is for power saving. After like 15 minutes of non-use, the mouse goes into sleep mode and when you move it again, it takes 1-2 seconds to re-pair up with the computer.

I have two of them and they're awesome. Best mice I've ever used. Batteries last a good 2-3 months without replacing. No lag at all. And you can get it off newegg for $35.

Oh, and you don't need to install any drivers. Just open the Bluetooth system preferences and pair the device from there and you're good to go.

7. aaronw1986 thread starter macrumors 68030

Small hands here...so, there's not lag while using it? The lag seems to be when it wakes up? I'm concerned with during use, having it being really annoying to use.

8. starlabs macrumors member

Works fine during use, no lag. It's just the lag on waking up that annoyed the heck out of me.