Logitech VX Lazer Revolution Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by brendu, Sep 5, 2011.

1. brendu macrumors 68020

Hey so I have the Logitech VX Revolution mouse and I used it for years and then when I got my macbook pro I stopped using it as much because the trackpad is so nice. Now I want to use it again when I use my mbp as a desktop but I can't get the buttons configured using the logitech control center. It does recognize the mouse but there is nothing listed when I go to configure the buttons. Anyone know what to do here?

I am attaching a screenshot to show what I am talking about.

Attached Files:

2. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

I ended up getting Steermouse, and that made things finally work with my MX Revolution.

3. brendu thread starter macrumors 68020

That looks good but there has to be a way to get the default logitech software working so I don't have to spend $20 for that.

4. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

Honestly, I was never able to get it working correctly - so I went with Steermouse.

In addition, it improved the tracking of my mice, as well. Some people have gotten the Logitech software working - but through multiple attempts, OS's ranging from Tiger to Snow Leopard - I never experienced any success.

Perform a search on the forums - you'll likely find more than enough info.

5. brendu thread starter macrumors 68020

Thanks, we will see what I can dig up. I might end up going with Steermouse if I cant get it working.