Logitech VX Nano MBP owners...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Adokimus, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Adokimus macrumors 6502a

Adokimus

I had a question for people with the Logitech VX Nano wireless mouse. It says it uses a dongle with 2.4 GHz cordless technology. I believe that bluetooth is 2.4 GHz, but I don't know if they are the same...

My question is, can you use the VX nano without the dongle on your MBP using its built in bluetooth?

Thanks!

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I believe they're going to make a Bluetooth variant of one of those mice. I can't find the page on it though. I've read a lot of articles that complain why isn't is already Bluetooth.

2.4 GHz RF != Bluetooth

3. chrisbeebops macrumors regular

I used to have a different mouse with the same type of dongle. I wasn't able to get it to work with bluetooth. I ended up purchasing a mouse specifically designed for bluetooth when that one kicked the bucket.

4. macreation macrumors newbie

Eidorian is probably referring to this article from engadget.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/01/31/logitechs-mx-revolution-goes-bluetooth-at-the-fcc/

As you can see, its the Nanos big brother which will get the bluetooth treatment.

I own a VX nano and I can confirm it is not a bluetooth mouse. Its still a great mouse though. Highly recommended, if you don't mind sacrificing a USB port.

5. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

I have a VX Nano (and really like it). I love the little case it comes with.

In any case, it is NOT a bluetooth mouse. Its receiver is really small and I never notice it as its just plugged into the back of my USB hub. Of course, when i'm on the road I lose a port.

6. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

it would say if it worked with Bluetooth. it uses RF. the dongle is hardly noticeable but its up to you.