Logitech VX Nano stopped working

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by imac abuser, Sep 5, 2009.

1. imac abuser macrumors 6502a

imac abuser

I am running Snow Leopard, and my Logitech VX Nano Laptop Mouse stopped working. It was working, and then in my system preferences the Logitech Control Center is gone. So I went to Logitech tried to download it again. And then it won't install not supported by OSX 10.6

Does anyone know what I can do other then waiting for Logitech to get off their butts and update their stuff even though they new this update was coming.

2. cainnovacaine macrumors regular

cainnovacaine

There were a lot of problems with the software in the VX Nano in the past. It really isn't needed though, the mouse sensitivity can be mapped through System Preferences>Mouse and if you want to use it with expose and spaces you can do that from System Pref>Expose & Spaces, those are mouse buttons 3,4, and 5. It doesn't give you all of the features that the software can give you, but until Logitech updates for SL, this might at least restore SOME functionality.

3. lyteck macrumors newbie

Just to confirm - the extra buttons on my VX nano stopped working as well after installing SL over 10.5.x... eagerly awaiting Logitech update.

Thanks cainnovacaine for the tips for partial workaround with System Pref>Expose & Spaces

Lyteck

4. occamsrazor macrumors 6502

occamsrazor

I never even used the Logitech Control Center, just the VX nano controlled by System Preferences. Works fine under 10.6.1. But then I don't need control over all the extra buttons.....