Logitech VX Revolution Help

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by tonie, May 15, 2009.

1. tonie macrumors 6502

I have downloaded the software on logitech but I can't set the microgear (click on scroll) button to auto scroll where I could click and move mouse up and down to autoscroll.

2. McShizzel macrumors regular

I don't think it's possible to map the middle button to do something else other than change the scrolling speed. I've tried and never got it to work in both Mac OS X and Windows.

3. tonie thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm on windows right now and the click scroll is doing auto scroll just fine.
    Maybe I don't word it properly but what I want to do when I click on the scroll is to have it scroll up and down as I move the cursor and I can't seem to do that on OSX.

4. MacUser2525 macrumors 68000

MacUser2525

Pretty sure that was the default with mine when I got it, I checked in the configuration it looks like it is the cruise option you want for that seems to only have one direction at a time though.

5. Signal-11 macrumors 65816

Signal-11

The Logitech Setpoint drivers are crap. Get rid of them, thoroughly.

Install SteerMouse. You can set any mouse button to just about any function you want.

6. tonie thread starter macrumors 6502

Nope, doesn't have the autoscroll function for middle scroll button. What's up with OSX?

7. Signal-11 macrumors 65816

Signal-11

Maybe your definition of autoscroll is different from mine but seems to be working fine for me.

8. tonie thread starter macrumors 6502

Could you post a screen shot of how you set up your mouse. Below is a picture of what autoscroll icon usually look like. I can't get the steermouse nor logitech to do it.

[​IMG]

9. Signal-11 macrumors 65816

Signal-11

First, fully uninstall LGC.

Under Steermouse, here's how I have it set up. Notice that I have middle click/mouse 3 set up for two buttons, but the first one is what you're looking for.

Attached Files: