Logitech VX revolution with Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iLeW, Aug 31, 2009.

1. iLeW macrumors newbie

iLeW

Hey all. It's my 21st this Saturday and my family has put money together and got me a macbook pro 13 inch (why I'm incredibly grateful for). But anyway, I've ordered a VX revolution mouse and wondered if it will still work (and wake the mac from sleep in clamshell mode) if I have the reciever plugged into a usb hub, which is connected to the mac. I'm just wondering, otherwise I should have gone for the VX nano, for the smaller reciever. Thanks in advance

2. iLeW thread starter macrumors newbie

iLeW

Also, would an "Apple Wired Keyboard" hooked up to the usb hub be able to wake the macbook?

Thanks

3. RKpro macrumors 6502

I've had the VX Revolution for nearly 3 years now. It's still a good comfortable and accurate mouse by todays standards. It will work with your MBP, and it will wake your computer from sleep. The Nano is newer and smaller, but not as comfortable in my opinion.

There is a preference panel called Logitech Control Center you can get from the Logitech website, it allows you to program those extra buttons to do whatever. But Logitech has not yet released an update to make it work on Snow Leopard, I'm waiting for that myself because I use it to program extra buttons on my Logitech Wave keyboard.

I haven't tried, but I assume the Apple keyboard will also wake it up.

4. Conexionz macrumors newbie

I've had my VX rev. for a couple years now, it works fine for both PC and Mac. Like RKpro said, you'll need to download Logitech's Control Center from it's website.

5. oregon2 macrumors regular

I can't say for sure, but I would guess the hub is just an extension of the USB port, so it would indeed wake the computer.

As for the VX Revolution, I've had mine for almost two years now and I love it. Better than any other mouse I have tried (much better than the nano). In Windows it is a godsend, but in Mac, I would have to say I prefer the trackpad for general usage. Sure, the VX is a bit better, but not worth carrying it around.

6. RKpro macrumors 6502

Same here, this is the only trackpad which I would prefer over a mouse. It's nice and big, and the multitouch features are actually very useful. Only time I use an external mouse/keyboard is when my mbp is on my mStand.

7. The Samurai macrumors 68000

The Samurai

I've had the VX revo for a few months now - by far the greatest mouse yet. A few problems in Snow Leopard, hope they sort it out asap. By problem I mean the scroll button is buggy.

8. drewsof07 macrumors 68000

drewsof07

The Logitech software isn't Snow Leopard compatible yet. I tried to download it on my Mac Pro yesterday and it would not install, getting the following error:
    or something to that fact.