Logitech Webcam Help

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Lyons00, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Lyons00 macrumors 6502

Hi,

I just got a new iMac and I'm trying to get my Logitech Quick Cam AF hooked up. The iMac doesn't see the webcam, I'm guessing it will not work? I'm looking for a desktop webcam, not one that hooks on to the iMac, any suggestions for that and to get my Logitech up and running?

Thanks, Jerry

2. 12dylan34 macrumors 6502a

By "doesn't see it," I'm assuming it doesn't show up as an option in apps that use the camera? The "Camera" menu in Photo Booth, for example.

3. Lyons00 thread starter macrumors 6502

Sorry, I'm new to the iMac!! I did find it in Photo booth, but can't adjust it like, I could on my PC. Do you know if this will work with Yahoo messenger?

Thanks, Jerry

4. 12dylan34 macrumors 6502a

I'm not too familiar with Yahoo Messenger. I might look for a similar option to switch the camera though. I don't see why it wouldn't work, since Photo Booth sees it.

Anyone else know about Yahoo Messenger and care to pitch in?

5. cocky jeremy, Jul 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2012

cocky jeremy macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

Not sure exactly if this will help, but most Logitech cameras suck with their software. I had to downgrade my Logitech software to even be able to use my C910 on my Mac. It crashed 100% of the time with their newer software. They've known about it for over a year and never fixed it.

6. cube42 macrumors newbie

LogiTech webcams for the Mac. Don't buy! They are very very bad for supporting the OS X. I have bought a QuickCam Pro4000. Good Cam. But now i can throw it away because they won't come with a update. (latest update is 5 years ago)

7. Lyons00 thread starter macrumors 6502

Got it to work finally, but you can't adjust it at all. Thanks for all your help!!

8. maril1111 macrumors 68000

maril1111

yep, but quality wise i find them the best i have a c525 and its quality is better than most cams my friends use and definitely better than the build in webcams,