Logitech webcam not working

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by lockdown571, Aug 31, 2007.

1. lockdown571 macrumors newbie

I have a Logitech Quickcam Pro 5000 that I'm trying to get to work with my macbook pro. I've read elsewhere that the webcam should work immediately after plugging it in. Mine, however, does nothing when I plug it in. I've tried using it in Windows XP via vmware fusion and it works perfectly fine. Help would be great thanks!

2. richardson.hila macrumors member

Drivers

We have these webcams at work, they're the only ones that work with a mac, even though it doesn't say so on the box. You need to download the mac drivers in order for it to work. Sorry i can't be of more help, i.e. as to where you find them, but there are drivers that you need out there.

3. ebony macrumors regular

4. lockdown571 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I tried macam, and it didn't work. OSX doesn't seem to respond at all to the webcam. There's no audio cue that something was connected. At least when I plug it into windows I get some type of response even if the drivers aren't installed. I checked system profiler too and I can't seem to find anywhere that OSX actually recognized a new usb device.

5. Gee macrumors 65816

Try ioxperts - they make loads of drivers

6. lockdown571 thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried ioxperts and their drivers apparently don't support the 5000. It seems that there just aren't any readily available drivers for this model. If are any, they seem to be pretty difficult to find. I guess I'll just keep google-ing.

Edited: do'oh, I meant the ioxperts drivers don't support the 5000