Logitech Z-4 Speakers?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by robPOD, Jul 26, 2007.

1. robPOD macrumors 6502

2. mac4matt macrumors member

Hi, I just bought the Klipsch Promedia 2.1 system and I really like them. The bass and mids are very good, and they're THX certified (not sure what that means, but they sound huge for their size). I've heard good things about Logitech as well.

Do a search, there are a lot of posts about this subject.

Here's the Promedia link ($US) -

https://www.klipsch.com/products/details/promedia-2-1.aspx

3. emaja macrumors 68000

Those are decent speaker for the price, but if the Klipsch are on sale they can be pretty close to the Z-4s, but a world of difference in sound.

I had the Z-4s - still do - and they sound pretty good, but I replaced them with the Klipsch and WOW!

4. NickD macrumors 6502a

NickD

I'd go with the Klipsch. A much more even and rounded sound in my opinion. Better mids. The Logitech speakers sound like all treble and bass to me.

5. robPOD thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for your advice but I have gone ahead and brought the logitech z-4 speakers for the equivilent of U.S $115 incl shipping. I will let you know how they sound in a few days when I recive them. I would have gone for the kilpsch but I dont live in the U.S and couldnt really find any cheaply so I just went for the Z-4s

6. DaftUnion macrumors 6502a

DaftUnion

You can get the 2.1 Klipsch usually cheap on eBay. I've got a $600 audio system and the 2.1 still sound better than that.

Here's what THX certified means (which these speakers are)

What Does being THX®-Certified Mean?
    Being THX®-certified means that "insert name of speaker set here" has passed the most stringent and rigorous audio quality and performance test set by THX, the audio experts in the movie industry.

WHAT IS THX CERTIFICATION?
    Certified THX products must meet an exclusive set of performance standards established by THX. These THX performance standards were originally developed in response to George Lucas' personal desire to insure that the original Star Wars™ soundtracks, heard in the cinema, matched those created on the sound stage. Later, these standards were extended to encompass Home Theater systems and recently adapted to the specialized needs of multi-channel surround reproduction from movies and games, on DVD, played back on a PC-based multimedia system. All multimedia products seeking THX Certification must meet these rigorous performance requirements and quality standards before they can carry the THX logo which is your guarantee that the THX certified Multimedia product will give you performance and reliability, second-to-none, for years to come. These performance standards cover all aspects of the product including power handling, frequency response, dispersion characteristics and more.

7. munckee macrumors 65816

I have the Z-4's and I've been quite happy with them. Never heard the Klipsch. Don't pay full price for the z-4's though; they're on sale online all the time.

8. robPOD thread starter macrumors 6502

I just got the Z-4's today and I think they sound awesome, really good bass response, good mids etc. They are perfect for my room and macbook. I would happily reccomend them to anybody, whilst they may not be THX certified the still sound darn good.