Logitech Z-5450 speakers

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by dextertangocci, Jan 7, 2008.

1. dextertangocci macrumors 68000

Hi :)

I just got the Logitech Z-5450 5.1 surround sound speakers, and plugged in my iPod Touch, but the sound will only play on the front speakers and the sub, not the two rear speakers. I plug it into the auxiliary input. The rear speakers are working, because if I plug it directly into the input for the rear speakers they work perfectly.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. dextertangocci thread starter macrumors 68000

I remember seeing a device that converts any audio source into 5.1 surround sound. Is that what I need? What is it called? Thanks.

3. Tucom macrumors 65816

Tucom

There should be an option on the Logitech (I believe it's called "Matrix Mode") to up-convert the source to play through all speakers, though it won't be true 5.1 surround sound in terms of dedicated rear channels and center.

If there isn't such an option, what you'll want to do is buy two: 1/8" Male to two 1/8" female converters, plug one male end into the female of the other, and plug the second male in into the iPod. Doing this will send sound to all channels.

I honestly recommend against this. The best way to listen to music is through stere, unless the you're watching a DVD or the track is encoded for proper surround sound play.

Peace

4. dextertangocci thread starter macrumors 68000