Logitech Z 5500 Digital for $169.00

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by WannaBMW3, Mar 15, 2008.

1. WannaBMW3 macrumors regular

WannaBMW3

buy.com is having a promotion til the end of March and I was wondering if these are good speakers for a MBP...I have researched these on prices and this is by far the best price. Granted its after a $40 MIR but I still haven't found anything cheaper even before this rebate....I would definitely hook these babies up through toslink cable for digital sound! Thanks guys!

2. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

Yes, they are great speakers. I bought them almost 2 years ago for that price, it's been really steady. They've held their value very well.

3. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Good high volume (but non-audiophile) speakers for Macs with optical digital outputs.
    Watch the shipping charges, these are d#@&*d heavy.

4. WannaBMW3 thread starter macrumors regular

WannaBMW3

Perfect...someone who has had them for a pro-longed period of time. Thanks! Going to purchase them next week! Hopefully get some pics up!:rolleyes:

5. WannaBMW3 thread starter macrumors regular

WannaBMW3

I'm a newbie expert (if that makes sense)...haha...but what does non-audiophile mean??? They are offering free shipping on anything over x amount and these clearly fit the bill...

6. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

It means these will give you good bass and loud sound, but will not be nearly as accurate as a good pair of bookshelf speakers or studio type monitors.

Good for parties, good for movies and games, good for loud music, not so good for critical listening to well recorded music.

7. WannaBMW3 thread starter macrumors regular

WannaBMW3

Oh perfect... I'll use them primarily for personal use (itunes and occasional movies)...but nothing more. I'll use my Klipsch (Reference Series) speakers for that :) Thanks

8. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

Just ordered the same ones from Amazon ($218) after replacing my Z-2300 (blew the satellites....twice). Hopefully there wont be no upgrading for a while.