Logitech Z-5500 Interferes with Macbook Internet

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by EmperorOfHemp, Nov 8, 2009.

1. EmperorOfHemp macrumors newbie

Due to having a optic cable only a meter long, the control panel for my speakers, well, cant be more than a meter away from my Macbook. When the control panel is turned off, i can surf the internet fine. Different story when it's on. My internet instantly drops. Turn off control panel, and we're good to go. So thus, ive determined my ability to connect to my router ( Dlink DIR-655) is directly related to the control panel turned on. Anyone else with a similar problem? any suggestions?

Add-> I held my ipod literally next to the control panel while it was on, and it received internet. my computer a foot away: not so lucky

2. schwarzmuller, Mar 23, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2011

schwarzmuller macrumors newbie

well one year and four months later, i have the same problem.

standard macbook, optical cable, Z-5500

No network when the speakers are on.
    you could notice signal loss on my old 2006 macbook when the speakers were plugged on, but it still worked. Now i have nothing.
    I turn the control pod of and my network works again and immedeatly.

The-day-after edit :
    No matter which input you select, there's no network (altough it displays maximum reach)
    When moving the control pod further away, the network works again. So it seems the airportcard can't stand the control pod from my speakers. The control pod doesnt influence other wifi devices, so the problem lies in the airportcard.

airportcard version : Airport Extreme (0x14E4, 0x93), firmwareversie Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (5.10.131.36.1)
    PID from logitech R644 (back of the pod)

Anyone with similar problems? Id like to hear.