Logitech Z Cinema?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by temiller, Dec 23, 2010.

1. temiller macrumors member

I bought a set of Logitech Z Cinemas for my windows rig before I decided to buy a MBP. I'm selling my windows rig and making my MBP my main set up (Display/dock/apple keyboard/mouse, etc) at my desk, then take my MBP to school and what not.

With the Z Cinema I can use either USB Port or a regular input jack. The Input jack is on the side of the right speaker, which looks horrible. Audio through this jack sounds fine, but audio through the USB port is better IMO.

Logitech does not have any mac support or drivers for the Z Cinemas so I can't go to them. Has anyone got the USB port to at least transmit audio to the Z Cinema? I know I won't have full features, but it would be nice if it would work. I've searched on this topic, and all that I've came up with was ACD's.

I was tempted to use darwine to see if it would work, but I would be required to have darwine running at all times, right (under the assumption audio is transmitted via usb and the speakers read the signal)?

2. cptmainwaring macrumors newbie

Z cinema

use the OS software for the z5 from the logitech website. The Z cinemas work well with that