Logitich Nano USB Mouse Keeps Disconnecting...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rwskemer, Nov 25, 2008.

1. rwskemer macrumors regular

I have a Logitech Nano USB mouse with the small USB receiver that stays plugged into one of my USB ports at all times. My problem is at times, the mouse disconnects and I have to pull out the USB receiver and plug it back in. Would the USB port just power down? This never happened when I used the same mouse on my MacBook. May the receiver is faulty? Any ideas what's going on here?

2. eddyhttp macrumors regular

i have the same computer and mouse. the problem with my mouse is that when i disconnect it to move to the library from my dorm, sometimes it will forget my settings. I will then have to program he clicks and the scroll speed.

3. xpovos macrumors 6502a

xpovos

Unfortunately, that's not unique to the VX nano. Ever since the latest OS update, the system is constantly forgetting my Expose and Spaces settings for my wireless Mighty Mouse.

4. rwskemer thread starter macrumors regular

I've had that issue more on the MacBook than I did on the MacBook Pro. When I connect my MBP to an external monitor and keyboard, I'm using the Logitech Revolution. I think the Logitech Control Center get's a little confused when using multiple mice at times. Running the program and then quitting it would bring those settings back.

Did you have any issues with your mouse no longer being connected? I get the shadowy window telling my the VX Nano was disconnected. I have to pull out the USB receiver and plug it back in to make it work again. Very strange.

5. weckart macrumors 68040

Not happening to me. Could it be a problem with your usb port or is your battery running down?

6. xpovos macrumors 6502a

xpovos

The nano communicates at 2.4GHz wireless, which is the most common frequency. Though unlikely, is it possible that other wireless devices (e.g., wireless router) could be interfering with the mouse's connection to the computer?

7. eddyhttp macrumors regular

no, i dont have any issues leaving the mouse in for a long time. as long as the first time works. i get that shadowy window when i insert and disconnect my usb dongle. sometimes the shadowy window doesn't show when i insert the usb dongle so i just take it out and put it back in then i get the window. however the settings have been reset and i have to go to the system preferences to fix it.

8. rwskemer thread starter macrumors regular

I don't think the battery is the culprit here. I may try using my wife's Nano receiver and mouse. The receiver on my Revolution died a few months back, maybe this one is going too. I treat my electronics like gold, I just seem to have bad luck with some of them!

9. ciphex macrumors newbie

Fixed.

With the update to Mac OS 10.6.1 and update to the Logitech LCC 3.1.0 this random disconnect behavior has gone away for me.

It is important to note that it did NOT go away when i simply upgraded to LCC 3.1.0 but only when i first uninstalled LCC then installed 3.1.0 fresh.

You can remove old LCC's by using the bundled LCC Uninstaller app.

P.S. On a sidenote, I have had maybe 2 other Customer Service agents be as helpful, personable, and ready to dig to find the core of the issue as the Logitech CSR i spoke with. Logitech+1 for well-spoken employees.

Also, the vx nano is the best mouse i have ever owned.