LogMeIn added file transferring!

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by gillybean, Mar 17, 2011.

1. gillybean macrumors 6502a

Apparently the latest LogMeIn ignition update now lets you do file transferring. You can transfer any files from your desktop computer (even if it's behind a router and is not running any kind of FTP server) to LogMeIn (running on your iPad or iPhone), and then open it on your iPad or iPhone.

I think this is a really cool new feature. :)

2. h00ligan macrumors 68030

I guess I need to find a web demo of lme. I'm not over the moon with pocket cloud or winadmin. The both fall flat in some areas.

3. Maaz macrumors 6502a

It says they added wake on LAN but I can't get it to work.

4. makingmusic macrumors regular

Great news but I can't get the reverse to happen. Now that I have the file on my iPad using File Transfer and "Open with" one of the options on my iPad, how do I get the file back to my remote computer via Ignition? Tried with Filemaker Go, Pages, etc. Can't figure it out!

5. cathexist macrumors newbie

I was amazed that they added the feature to their FREE service. File transferring has been available on the PC version forever, but only for LogMeIn Pro.

Very happy with the new update.

6. gillybean thread starter macrumors 6502a

I think it depends on whether your other app has the "Open with" option. If it does, then after you're done editing the file, you do "Open with" and choose "LogMeIn Ignition." That sends it into the "Local/FromOtherApps" folder in LogMeIn. Once it's there you can select it in LogMeIn and choose "Copy" and then move over to the pane showing your computer's file system and then choose "Paste" in the directory that you want to drop it into. That should send your file from your iPad back to your computer.

7. makingmusic macrumors regular

Good directions but now the trick is finding an app that includes "Open with" and includes "Logmein" as an option. Good Reader works like you said but Quick Office or Pages doesn't. You'd have to transfer from Logmein and then open in Good Reader, move to iDisk, open in quick office or Pages, edit, and then move back to iDisk, then open in Good Reader, and then back to Logmein. There must be an easier way. Am I missing something?