LogmeIn Application

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by doandy09, Apr 19, 2011.

1. doandy09 macrumors member

Has anyone every use this app before? I am a college student and don't want to drag my laptop around so would this be a supplement for my PC? I wouldn't I be able to do?its $30 for the app but is there a monthly fee too? Thanks for the help

2. Pete the Geek macrumors regular

I use the LogMeIn Ignition app and I really like it. There is no additional fee after you buy the app.

Last week I attended a math convention and used LogMeIn Ignition to remotely access my iTunes and download dozens of free-for-today education apps. The hotel's slow lobby-only wireless would have forced me to camp out for hours with my iPad. Instead, I was done in minutes.

3. Jazwire macrumors 6502a

Jazwire

There is 2 versions of LogMeIn.
    A free version (which works great for most people.)
    And a paid version which allows you do do more. (print, file transfer, stream.)

Its also as good as your internet connection on both end. If your Ipad/Iphone have a fast connection and the computer you are controlling is on a fast connection. It's pretty good, there will always be a slight lag though.

I'd recommend trying out LogMeIn between two computers first and see if you like it. (That wont cost anything.) If its acceptable , then buy the app.

I personally like it and have the app.

4. doandy09 thread starter macrumors member

So the free version is not available for the iPad? I want to be able to do excel sheets that is incapable on the iPad and do hW that uses flash?

5. thelookingglass macrumors 68000

Doable, but I would recommend Splashtop. Faster remote experience than LogMeIn.

6. lsbuffs macrumors regular

I bought a few days ago to get access to my work laptop from my iPad when away from the office. Works great and set-up is a breeze. No confusing configuration issues, it just works.
    After installation on my iPad, I put on my iPhone and surprised how well I like it there. Having a wifi-only iPad, this opens up the option to access my home PCs over 3G on iPhone.
    App. well worth the $30 to me.

7. doandy09 thread starter macrumors member

It looks similar but will I be able to connect over the Internet. Say my laptop is at home on my home wifi and I am at school. The whole purpose is so I don't have to carry my laptop to school instead just the ipad