LogMeIn deceiving and stealing from customers through Apple App Store

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by juliocoutinho, Jan 28, 2014.

1. juliocoutinho macrumors newbie

Some time ago I paid US$30,00 for LogMeIn Ignition iPad app on the premise that it had included Lifetime service to connect to other computers.

This feature alone convinced me to buy it over iTeleport, a very good competitor.

Months later however they killed the Ignition and replaced it by a free app without such service.

As if we wouldn't notice, they waited a bit more and killed the service from the paid version as well, leaving those like me, that believed them and bought the app/service with a useless app and no money. :mad:

Hope Apple can right this wrong.

2. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

Apple has nothing to do with any if that.
    Share your experience about the company, that's the most you can do. Don't expect anything more.

3. ElectronGuru macrumors 65816

The only thing apple can do for you individually with LMI is refund. Been running iTeleport since like iOS 4. Solid app from a solid dev. Switch as soon as you can and don't look back.

4. old-wiz macrumors G3

5. spooky2k macrumors 6502a

iTeleport is pricey but well worth it. It has great deals over the holidays and it works like a charm. The developer is fantastic and responsive too. Switch and don't look back.

6. MindsEye macrumors regular

Really feel for you :(, at last check it was £79.99 in the UK so i can only imagine how livid those guys must be.

Read about them killing their free service last week and this is an extremely tasteless move by LMI. At the very least they should be offering something like a 2 year free subscription for their existing paying customers.

i personally use jump and i'm quite happy with that.

7. polaris20 macrumors 68020

Isn't Teamviewer still free? Looks like a decent way to go.