Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

ScoutDad

macrumors member
Mar 25, 2011
I saw this too and I've been using the paid version for a while and love the functionality. Anyone know how it differs from the one a lot of us paid for?

ericrwalker

macrumors 68030
Oct 8, 2008
Albany, NY
I saw this too and I've been using the paid version for a while and love the functionality. Anyone know how it differs from the one a lot of us paid for?

Looks like there is an "in-app" upgrade to logmein pro. Not sure what the different features are.

St. Germain

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2006

Looks like there is an "in-app" upgrade to logmein pro. Not sure what the different features are.

If you own the previous version, you automatically get the Pro features for free.

http://www.tuaw.com/2011/12/22/logmein-goes-freemium-for-ios-ignition-users-get-more-features/

Bettermann09

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2008
Problems with free version

I tried using this app. Nothing happens when I click "Turn on" on the desktop client. Anyone else having this problem?

PS I'm using Lion 10.7.2

spiderman0616

macrumors 601
Aug 1, 2010
I about jumped off the couch the other morning when I found out about this. I used to be a heavy LogMeIn user and as I started using my iPad more and more, there were several times when I almost pulled the trigger and paid the money for the LogMeIn app. I could never justify the cost.

SOOOOOO happy they made this free. I will say that it works way better on the iPad than the iPhone as far as screen space and UI.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.